An exciting opportunity exists for the newly created role of General Manager at Wanaka Medical. We are a growing practice and are looking for a General Manager who has a strong business background, well-developed leadership and communication skills, the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and a dedication to implementing strategic vision.
Wanaka Medical was established in 1980. We are one of two general practices in Wanaka and have a long history of commitment to our patients, staff and healthcare improvement in the region. We are keen to remain leaders of primary care innovation in Central Otago and recognise the increasing need to collaborate with other healthcare providers, continually improve and grow to meet the evolving needs of our community and regulatory bodies. The General Manager will take a leading role in these changes.
The General Manager is responsible for implementing Wanaka Medical’s business plan, managing day-to-day operations, working closely with directors, doctors, nurses, admin staff, WellSouth, funders, other health practitioners and most importantly, our patients.
Our senior management team is very experienced and currently led by the Practice Manager. This new role will assume many of the tasks carried out by the Practice Manager, as well as tasks currently assumed by the directors. The General Manager will work closely with the Board, and have the Clinical Director, Nurse Manager, Administration Manager, Accounts Officer and Project Manager as direct reports.
This role will initially be 0.6 FTE however this is expected to increase as the business grows.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- The ability to translate strategy into operational activity.
- Knowledge and experience of the provision of health services in primary health.
- Passion and enthusiasm to motivate, lead, inspire and empower others.
- The ability to work with directors and different professional groups.
- Management of complex budgets and the ability to develop business cases for existing services and new opportunities.
- Understanding of business improvement, ‘Lean’ practices and the need for continuous change.
- Ability to lead with ‘soul’ to develop a culture of respect for staff, patients and our community.
If you have the skills, energy and drive for this leadership role, email a covering letter and CV or any enquiries, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 4th January 2019.