Wanaka Medical at Level 2
We care about your health needs and will be here for you despite COVID-19. We have changed the way we work to keep our practice a safe place to be for you and our team. The Wanaka Medical team is available for all your medical problems, including routine check-ups. Please don’t unnecessarily delay addressing any health concerns.
When New Zealand moves from Alert level 3 to 2 on Thursday 14th May we will make some changes to how we meet your health needs safely and efficiently.
What will change at Wanaka Medical on Thursday 14th May 2020:
- We will reopen our waiting room, but this will be by invite only to limit the number of people there at any one time. When you arrive at the practice in your car for your appointment, please call us to let us know you are here. We will call you when the doctor or nurse is ready to see you. We will meet you at the waiting room entrance, take your temperature and ask you to put a mask on and sanitise your hands before you enter.
- Our waiting room will look a little different with less seating and more space to ensure we maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- We will offer more capacity for normal general practice services such as preventative screening, immunisations and sexual health. Please call first for an appointment.
What will stay the same at Wanaka Medical:
- We will ask you if you have any flu like symptoms when you call us and when you visit.
- When you call for an appointment, we will ask you if a doctor can call you back shortly to speak to you first and see if we can deal with your issue quickly there and then, or if we need to book a longer virtual or in person appointment later.
- For patients with flu symptoms, we will maintain a separate entrance to the building and a dedicated separate clinical space. Our team will let you know where to go when you call.
We will encourage you use a virtual (phone or video) appointment if we think that is appropriate for your health need.
- We will make sure our practice is a safe place to come if you need to visit us.
- We will offer acute and emergency care if you have an accident and treat you in an area separate from patients with flu symptoms.
We understand that you may still have concerns about coming into the practice under Alert level 2. Please call us first and we will find a way together to meet you and your family’s health needs.
Thank you for all your support.